MATERIALS FOR TEACHING — a list of lesson plans, discussion guides, quizzes, and more for use with Jane’s books.
INTERVIEWS WITH JANE
- Interview from Doorways Magazine
- Interview from AdLit.org
- Interview with the Internet Writing Journal, June 2002.
- Interview with Jane in TALIESIN’S SUCCESSORS: INTERVIEWS WITH AUTHORS OF MODERN ARTHURIAN LITERATURE by Raymond H. Thompson
- Locus interview
SOME INTERESTING SITES FOR TEACHERS AND LIBRARIANS
- The Children’s Book Council.
- The Children‘s Literature Web Guide.
- The Endicott Studio site is a very rich source of material about myths, folklore and fairy tales.
- Five in a Row is a site offering home schoolers resources in children’s literature.
A video of my Andrew Lang Lecture at St. Andrews University—the first women to ever give one.
An article discussing, inter alia, a visit to Penn State by Patty Maclachlan and me.
“The Children’s Writer: Jane Yolen”
from ReelLife Productions
running time–54 minutes
produced 1996 (but shot several years earlier)
A straight-forward conversation/interview with me in my home in Massachusetts about writing children’s books.
“Good Conversations: A Talk with Jane Yolen“
Tim Podell Productions
This is a delightful video interview of me in Scotland, as I take the camera crew and Tim Podell on a walkabout of St Andrews and read from a Scottish-set story of mine on a fifteenth century seawall overlooking Anstruther Harbor.
© 2000 by Jane Yolen