Illustrated by Annie Gusman
Boyds Mills 1993
ISBN# 1-56397-101-1 Boyds Mills hardcover
More than fifty weather related poems from poets as various as Carl Sandberg, Robert Frost, Eve Merriam, Lilian Moore, Ralph Fletcher, Emily Dickinson and four new poems by me, too. My poems are “Weather Report” (which has been quoted by local weather men on tv), “An Awkward Arrangement” (a rain poem), “Winter Song” which was first published in Cricket magazine many years ago, and “Note to Carl Sandberg” which is an answer to his fog on cat’s feet poem. The book is divided into sections: Rain, Sun, Wind, Snow, Fog.
- Adolescent/Children’s Literature Committee of the Ohio Council IRA, “Too Good to Miss”List.
- BookList Editor’s Choice
What reviewers have said:
- “A collection that is of consistently high quality. . .This book contains an entertaining, eclectic cross-section of (poetic) observations.”—HornBook
- “Although nearly all of the poems have been previously published, the theme pulls them together in an original and enjoyable format.”—School Library Journal
- “I can’t imagine a collection that would not find a place for this book.”—The Advocate
- “Arranged into sections on rain, sun, wind, snow, and fog, this anthology includes a nice mix of classic and contemporary, adult and children’s poems, including some by Yolen herself. … Each section begins with a brief folk rhyme, and the overall design is spacious and attractive, with unobtrusive black-and-white motifs and abstract shapes linking the pages.” — BookList
- “Let Jane Yolen’s selections inspire classroom Weather Reports in rhyme.” — Children’s Literature
Available in Boyds Mills hardcover.
- Order from:
- Search for Out of Print Books:
- Find a Bookstore Near You
- Search for Out of Print Books (U.K.)